Greater Muskegon Economic Development (GMED) Economic Development Corporation was founded in 1999 and is the countywide economic development agency dedicated to supporting local business. GMED’s focus is to leverage public and private investment to accelerate business growth and the creation of high-quality employment opportunities in Muskegon County. Appreciating the importance of our local business community, GMED serves as a clearinghouse of information on programs and incentives available to your business.
We value our local business community. GMED’s Economic Strategy recognizes the importance of business retention. Through utilization of our in-house and partner resources, GMED is uniquely positioned to help local businesses meet their economic objectives.
- Advise as to business expansion assistance
- Assist with site location and planning
- Coordinate economic development incentives and grant opportunities
- Assist with infrastructure development
- Provide project financing assistance
- Offer Brownfield redevelopment support
- Serve as a liaison between business and state and local government
- Assist with access to a number of workforce training programs
- Provide demographic and labor market information
- Develop industry councils and roundtables