Quality of Life
In addition to an excellent business environment with supportive local governments, available industrial buildings and land, extensive infrastructure, abundant utility capacity, and a qualified workforce, the Muskegon area pairs an incredible quality of life with a low cost of living. Learn more about living, working, and playing in the Muskegon Lakeshore area from our partner, Muskegon Lakeshore Chamber of Commerce. You can also the Muskegon area in-depth with Livability Muskegon Lakeshore Region Magazine.
The Cost of Living Index is (COLI) 87.6, compared to the State at 90.5, and the Nation at 100.
|Population (2020)||Labor Force (2020)||Jobs (2020)||Cost of Living|
- Forbes magazine ranked Muskegon as No. 11 nationwide for culture and leisure venues among cities its size.
- Muskegon County schools ranked in the top 20 in Michigan.
- Muskegon in Top 10 Places to work in Manufacturing.
- Muskegon Community College Ranked as best 2-year college in Michigan.
- Muskegon Ranked as Best Small Cities in America to visit.