Reinvest along the Lakeshore.
Muskegon County is home to five Opportunity Zone census tracts in the cities of Muskegon and Muskegon Heights with a variety of dynamic investment possibilities.The County is in the midst of a historic transformation from an old industrial lumber town to a vibrant community boasting advanced manufacturing, world-class recreation, a tourist destination and a regional health care center.
At their core, Opportunity Zones allows for those with federal capital gain liabilities to delay or eliminate their tax burdens by making substantial investments in the designated zones. Capital gain liabilities can be generated by the sale of real property, businesses or stocks and bonds.
Opportunity Zone Resources
- New EPA Opportunity Zone (OZ) website
- White House Opportunity and Revitalization Council website
- EPA Cleanups in My Community mapping application
- Opportunity Zone Council news list
- Opportunity Zone-related federal assistance
- Newest Version of the Brownfields Federal Programs Guide, Opportunity Zone (p. 100-102)
- Treasure IRS updates to the Opportunity Zone guidance