5 Questions with Cindy Larsen
Muskegon Lakeshore Chamber of Commerce president Cindy Larsen answers 5 questions about Muskegon from her 25+ year career promoting business in the community.
1. The work that the Muskegon Lakeshore Chamber of Commerce does is vital to our community. Can you share a bit about how that work contributes to the development of Muskegon County?
There is no such thing as a strong community without a strong business community. That means advocacy is one of the most valued services a Chamber provides. We try to get out front on community decisions that may impact business operations. Yet, day to day, businesses appreciate the promotion, networking, and business resource connections they find through the Chamber.
2. In your opinion, what makes Muskegon a great place to plant roots as a business?
Muskegon is just the right size community for a business to thrive. It means a lower cost of doing business, the desired business infrastructure (roads, clean water, broadband etc.), and the opportunity to have a voice in issues that face your business. The superior quality of life on the Great Lakes allows us to attract talent from all over the world.
3. What are you excited about when it comes to Muskegon’s future?
What excites me is Muskegon today! This is the best place to be to live, work, and play! I have considered other places in the U.S., and there is no place I would rather be than in Muskegon, Michigan!
4. What do you value about living and working in Muskegon?
Personally, I value the access to water and breathtaking nature minutes from my office and home; that is hard to beat anywhere in the world. The Muskegon community is large enough to have the amenities I am interested in, without the hassles of bit city traffic, high prices, and noise.
5. What is your favorite thing to do in Muskegon?
I just love the panoramic views, feel, and sounds of our fresh water! I could be boating, walking at sunset, attending a beach festival, or taking a morning hike in the dunes. It brings peace, rejuvenation, or just plain fun to your everyday life.